Peach Melba Shortbread Bars
A delicious blend of Peaches and raspberries on shortbread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup KKV Peach Jam
- 6 tsp. KKV Red Raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Garnish: powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
2. Lightly grease in 11x7 inch or 9 inch square pan. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Spread peach preserves over crust in pan. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoonful’s over peach preserves. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves. Sprinkle with almonds.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.